We are so excited for the Super Bowl this year and cannot wait to cheer on our Patriots! Brady is especially excited, as you can imagine, and hasn’t wanted to take off his jersey all week. The Super Bowl is a perfect time to throw (or attend) a fun house party where you can let loose and treat yourself to a smorgasbord of healthy and not-so-healthy snacks. Now that we and almost all of our friends have little ones in tow, our Super Bowl parties definitely look a little different these days – with much less alcohol and much more food. I’m not mad about that!
Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies
Miniature “Pigskins” in a Blanket
Touchdown Layer Dip
• 1 can of refried beans
• sour cream
• shredded cheese
• ziplock bags (for piping)
1. In no particular order, begin adding each layer (except guacamole) in your dish. I started with the refried beans so it had a firm foundation. To get the layers as even as possible, start with a large dollop in the middle of your dish and spread out to each side with the back of a spoon.
2. Add guacamole on top and smooth out completely.
3. Using a toothpick or knife, trace out your yard lines, starting in the middle of the dish.
4. Place sour cream into ziplock bag, make a small snip in the corner, then begin tracing over your yard lines!
5. Once your lines are all set, place the remainder of your refried beans into a ziplock bag, make a slightly larger snip in the corner, then begin piping them into the shape of a football. Be sure to use your yard lines as a guide. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the football afterwards.
6. Pipe sour cream over the top of the football to create your laces.
And, of course…