Rosé is having a major moment right now. When I started thinking of a yummy drink I could make for a recent Bachelor night at our house, I knew it had to involve wine. I wanted to make something pretty for all my girlfriends but I also wanted it to be universally enjoyed. I immediately thought of Sangria, but when I went to gather all of the ingredients, I realized I had a surplus of rosé wine. This got my wheels turning. What about a sangria with rosé?!
I pulled together a handful of ingredients I thought would work well together and voila! A girlfriend-approved sangria recipe awaits you. This updated twist on the oh-so-delicious sangria would be perfect for your Valentine’s (or Galentine’s) celebrations this year!
1 bottle rosé wine
4 blood oranges
1/4 cup elderflower syrup
1 can Passionfruit La Croix
Mint leaves (optional)
1. Mix wine, elderflower syrup and La Croix together in pitcher.
2. Squeeze the juice of 2 blood oranges into mixture.
3. Slice remaining 2 blood oranges and 2 peaches then drop in mixture.
4. Garnish with raspberries and mint leaves if desired.
(The mint leaves will obviously give it a slightly different flavor, so be sure to test the sangria before adding it to see if you feel the need to add it. )
5. Cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve.