INGREDIENTS (ALL ORGANIC):
– 1 cup creamy almond butter
– 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
– 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 cup coconut palm sugar
– 1 cup spelt flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
– 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Line an 8×8″ square pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt coconut oil and let it begin to cool. In a large mixing bowl, combine almond butter, coconut oil, unsweetened almond milk and vanilla extract.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the coconut palm sugar, spelt flour, baking powder and Himalayan salt.
4. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. The dough will be a little dry and breakable, but this is exactly what you want.
5. Transfer dough to lined pan and press down evenly.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool completely in pan on a cooling rack. Then, pick up the edges of the parchment paper to remove and slice into bars.
8. Enjoy with a warm espresso or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
(These bars will keep in the fridge for a week or you can freeze them for up to 3 months!)