Calling all donut lovers! This vegan recipe will satisfy your morning sweet tooth without the guilt. And the best part? They’re on the table in less than 30 minutes with zero preparation time needed! Who knew baking donuts could be so easy? The flavor is bright and fresh, making them perfect for a little springtime treat. All you’ll need is a donut pan and some basic ingredients, listed below!
- 1 2/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed dried strawberries
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk (we used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure, organic vanilla extract
- dried strawberries for garnish
- donut pan
- 4-5 large strawberries (the riper the better), diced
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut cream (can use water here too)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF and lightly grease your donut pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, dried strawberries, flaxseed and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, gently warm the milk and oil over medium-low heat until the oil is melted and the milk is warm to the touch. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
4. Fold the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared donut molds. Bake until golden and firm, about 18 minutes.
5. While the donuts are baking, you’ll want to put together the strawberry glaze. In a blender, combine all ingredients until smooth then set aside.
6. Once the donuts have cooled completely in the molds, flip them over gently and release them onto a wire rack. Dip one donut at a time in the strawberry mixture, twisting and turning to evenly coat the donut. Place back on the wire rack and sprinkle with your dried strawberries.
Voila! Vegan perfection.